... Thanks XenonMan ... I guess I'll have to start looking and going into stores to audition ... I'm starting to wonder if small (4 inches or less) woofer/tweeter cabinets exist that are-indeed speakers: but are intended for use in tandem with an existing pair, that maybe can just sit atop my existing pair ...

... Otherwise, I'll be in the hunt for a long time ... The catch 22 is I don't want to overload the 2150 with TWO pair of 4 OHM speakers: I do think that they wouldn't be sufficiently loud for me, and I would risk damaging the unit with cranking up the volume to possibly clip the amp; also, I would prefer a nice pair of 8 ohm, even if they are a bit louder than the 4 ohm, but I'm not sure what the risks are of a mismatch: are you suggesting that one pair may just be LOUDER than the other, or can it get as bad as timing differences where one pair is outputting slightly behind another pair !? ... This is what I am afraid of, and I don't know much about the effects of SPL mismatching, so that's why I'm so hesitant ...

... Would it be possible to find an 8 Ohm speaker with similar SPL albeit different impedance ? ...

... Just so you know, my average listening volume with the current pair of 4 Ohm is with the volume knob at about the 10:30 position (Phono) ... I guess my main concerns are timing and clipping the amp ... Scott, any of your advice will be appreciated !!

-- Sam