Hi all...newbie here. So I picked up a pair of Maggie MG1c that I love. Have a NAD CD player coming tomorrow. Here's the dilemma..I have a Yamaha RX V1400 receiver that I've been using for HT and stereo. It's great for HT...and even stereo within limits. The limits being that it only sounds good running in direct stereo mode. If you add any processing at all, it loses spaciousness and clarity. This wouldn't be a big deal, except that I would OCCASIONALLY like to have just a bit of subwoofer running (depending on the material).

Also, at a claimed 110 wpc, the amp simply isn't strong enough. If I run things pretty loud, again the amp folds and things muddy a bit. Maggies are, of course, notorious power hogs.

So..here's the question. I love the idea of the Outlaw receiver, with it's provision for running a sub. I've heard that Yamaha is known for fudging output numbers. SO....I'd love opinions on wheather the 2150 would have enough more "honest" power to make a real difference. Or should I bite the bullet and go totally to seperates for substantially more power. Financially, of course, less is better! wink

My room is about 12 X 21..carpeted. I listen to a variey...but primarilly jazz and big bamd...acoustic instruments...piano. (Man I LOVE the Maggies on this stuff!)

So....Discuss!

Thanks!