Or to ask the question more correctly: Is the headphone jack a separate entity from the amp section, or does it actually draw a significant amount of power from the amp ? I've never researched the schematics of a receivers' head phone jack in relation to the main amp, so I'm not exactly sure of how or why HP jacks work the way they usually do.

Now, for the most casual situations (meaning not the greatest cans, or mainly low impedance and fairly high sensitivity ones) a standard HP jack is sufficient enough to plainly listen to an album which isn't the most detail or soundstage oriented (ie; most of todays crappy pop rock/RnB selections).

But when a discerning ear is involved in listening to some of the most lush and airy passages which a beautiful string section or symphony orchestra has to offer, more is needed out of your amp section to drive those really hard to please cans.

Examples: Sennheiser HD 650's, AKG K701's etc..

So my question to you guys is this: Is the HP jack on the 2150 a "standard fare" HP jack, or was it designed to work in conjunction with the amp to properly drive high impedance, or power hungry cans (there is a difference between high impedance and power hungry too) ?

Curiously yer's,

Doug smile