Having enjoyed the RR2150 now since about November, I can honestly say that the volume control isn't really an issue. I still think the knob is "squirrelly," as I posted when I first received the unit, but adjusting to the play in it didn't require some huge learning curve. I guess I'm kinda with Garthr: It just is what it is.

My most recent findings, however, concern the USB port. Bought a cable about a week or so ago, and have been listening off and on from my computer ever since. By comparison, the sound quality seems more brittle for jazz records, not quite as inviting as the RR2150 paired with my Marantz CC-4300 CD changer. My guess is that this has something to do with the clarity of analog recordings, because the difference in audio quality I noted on a reissue (to be specific, Stan Getz and Bob Brookmeyer's …Recorded Fall 1961) was not there on something like OutKast's "So Fresh, So Clean" (which, for anyone who's interested, I've decided should be Illinois senator Barack Obama's new theme song). I peruse tracks from Myspace pages and videos on YouTube a fair amount, so I'm pretty pleased with the convenience of the USB.