As I have had my 2150 for several months now, some feed back on the volume control, and the unit in general. I have mine connected to my B&W 802 speakers, which are reasonably efficient. The sound has definitly improved over time. smile I was not impressed when I first set it up, that has changed with time. While it does not compare with the Linn's, Krell's, ARC's, Macintosh's of the world, it doesn't cost thousands of dollars either. I think sound wise, dollar for dollar, it is about impossible to beat the value of this unit. I don't have a record player, so no input on that. I did try hooking up my computer via USB and I was pleased with the sound from that. It was not 'CD' quality, but would pass muster. Listening to a CD or DVD movie the sound is great, I listen for hours. With CD/DVD I have no issues with the remote finding the volume level I want. The volume knob is usually between the 9 and 12 o'clock postions, depending on my mood. Getting the level much past the 12 o'clock position and I find the sound quality takes a nose dive. FM.. not so good, it picks up many more stations than the Denon DR-95 that it replaced. smile But it just doesn't sound right, it seems bright and harsh, I can only listen to most stations for a short time. frown I am not sure if it is the receiver or the broadcast station. The only station that I can listen to for any length of time is the local classical station. Which is leading me to believe it might be the stations. I am using the dipole antenna that came with the unit. When the weather warms up.. I will try hooking it up to a good external antenna and see if that improves the sound. The FM seems to have a higher input level and the volume knob is usually between the 7 and 8 o'clock postions and it is very difficult for me to get the volume where I want it, even with tiny taps on the remote. I usually end up adjusting the volume with the knob rather than the remote when listening to the radio. Time to upgrade CD collection so I don't need the radio.

RR2150, Oppo 970HD, B&W 802 Series 3 Matrix