OK, time for me to weigh in on this issue, well sort of, as I'm about to go down a rabbit trail. Please stay with me. I have had my RR-2150 for about 3 months now, so I believe I can be fair and objective. The knob is not as sensative as I would like via the remote & it also has some play, about 1/8 of an inch when turning the volume up via the knob. I tried the tapping technique, and it works, but it's annoying to do. My take is that Remote controls are not exactly what I would call retro anyway. In fact the digital tuner could go away as well. Give me a good old fashioned analog tuner, nice and tight! The remote is good for controling the unit in general, as I don't find the interface on the front panel very retro and often a pain. For example, the source selector knob clicks solidly twice and on occasion, seems to miss the next selection anyway. OK, here's the good news and the point - I didn't buy the RR-2150 for the interface or the remote. I bought it because of it's execellent sound quality. I'm no audiophile and I don't understand half of what people are talking about here in the saloon, but I am learning and comming up to speed! When I lay down a LP, the RR-2150 delivers what I want to hear and that is the bottom line. The little stuff is just that, little stuff. I'll also say that I love the style that the owners manual is written. Kudos to the technical writer(s)!!!

-geo