I'm glad to hear that button presses on the remote yield volume changes in perceptably even increments.

I'm currently using a DENON DRA-395 which has an electronic (infinitely turnable) volume control. The resolution of volume changes with button presses of the remote with the DENON is 1db. But I suppose that's an advantage of a non-mechanical volume control over an "old school" potentiometer.

I'm not positive about this, but I think it may be that in order to implement an electronic volume control, the signal must first be digitized, and then converted back to analog on the way out. So if a pure analog system is what you want, you must employ a mechanical poteniometer. Maybe someone can confirm whether or not I am full of poop on this one.

I don't know if I read it on this forum or in a review, but someone was lameting the fact that the 2150 did not display its current volume level. That, it seems to me, would also be difficult and/or disruptive to the signal path in a pure analog system.