I agree with you about the play in the volume control, I tried various brands(at least 5) with motor driven volume controls and none were like this. Maybe we're missing some kind of cosmic explanation or something ...... but I still don't get why is has play in it either. I can live with it because I adjust mostly by hand, but if I relied on the remote ...... it may bug me .... but really ...... I don't adjust the volume all that frequently. Everyone's different though ..... one's passion is another's poison. Since you like to adjust it alot, it may be aproblem, but it may not. Unfortunately, it really has to be experienced to know how it will be for you. I'd recommend calling Outlaw with your concerns, be precise and persistent in your questions.

I'd prefer a linear volume control on the RR2150, these give easy, precise adjustments. For that matter, I'd prefer a adjustment knob for the tuner also(keep the digital display), push button tuning is not exactly retro, and I've never liked it. I thought it was stupid when it was introduced and frankly, it still is!

I don't know about the SN ratio, but I don't use the phono. Everything else is very quiet. Powerwise ..... other than the one person on this forum, it's not an issue. It plays loud enough for me, and clean.

Comparing it with the NAD, you'll have to do that. I owned a C372 and found a distinct difference between the Outlaw and NAD sound. The NAD to me is emphasized more toward the low end, at the expense of the high end. It sounded as if there was a veil over the music, dampening the resolution of the music. If NAD ever put a headphone jack on their CD players, it would be easily apparent there's something missing from the tuning of the preamp section..... at least to me. My modest Sony CD player showed the difference easliy. Overall I found the NAD experience not to my liking, but that's me. Many people love the NAD sound ..... again, one passion is another's rotten egg:)

The Outlaw is not quite as punchy as the NAD, but overall it is well balanced, no over or under emphasis anywhere. The sound of it was my number one factor in keeping it, and it is the best I've tried so far in this price range.

Good luck with whatever you decide.... and welcome to the forum smile