I'm a perspective buyer. I've read through all of the posts in this forum regarding the 2150's volume control, and I don't feel completely comfortable with what I've learned so far.

For me, the decision is between the 2150 and the NAD C720BEE. I've seen and listened to the NAD in person, so I know what to expect there. (I owned the original 3020 in days of yore.)

The slippery input selector knob, I can deal with since I will rarely depart from the CD setting.

However, I use the volume control a lot, and mostly via remote. I think it will get old fast tapping the UP and DOWN buttons again and again trying to get the right low- to middle-level setting. Frankly, I don't buy Outlaw's explanation for the mechanical play in the volume control being due to it not being recessed. Lots of amps and receivers have motor-driven pots and I've never seen one with play. Maybe they just need to explain that better -- in mechanical terms.

For me, the pluses for the 2150 over the NAD include:
- Bass management (I already own an LFM-2)
- Phono section
- More power ... maybe
- Metal face plate

...but the volume control is a sticky point.

Lastly, I'm a little concerned that the advertised SN ratio is quite a bit high than what was actually measured by John Atkinson in Stereophile.