Bughunter, you are entitled to your opinion and to share it - although one does wonder why you are sharing it here if you don't plan to be an owner, and also why you don't just return the item. But the main thing that has me scratching my head is when you wrote:

the power is a basic 100 watts per channel

What exactly does a "basic 100 watts per channel" sound like, and how do you distinguish it from, say, 125 WPC? Do you mean it does not play loud? Does it not handle difficult loads? Is it not dynamic? How do you know without measuring it? Honestly, this seems like a bold claim to make flatly without anything more specific.

I did not compare my RR2150 to NAD or HK or any other mid-fi receiver. I do know it is somewhat more dynamic than the 160WPC Thule it replaced and has better bass control to boot. Not quite as refined but maybe that gets better with burn in. But by every measure of listening it seems as or more powerful than the Thule (which cost 3x as much) - in both cases driving my not-very-efficient Audio Physic Step speakers.