gonk, Yeah I tried all the disc's from Stereophile, HiFi and others and the Sub output was WEAK! The sub output on the NAD which has no adjustment mind you with my Athena AS-P 4000 set at # 3 on the volume was window shattering. The same subwoofer on the Outlaw using the bypass or the bass management was set on volume # 8 to achive the same volume but did not extend as deep! Now you explain the problem... I say I either got a lemon or the outlaws sub oulet is just plain WEAK!. Now I'm sure you all are going to say I must have got a lemon BUT indeed my friend in Tampa has had the same results which tells me that the output is different on the two receivers. Hail to the Outlaw owners that have not compared it to the NAD C720BEE as you are in for a hugh surprise when and if you do. What I'm saying is if you can't purchase both to compare you will never know unless of course you have a friend that has the NAD to compare it to. I simply stand by my finding, that is the Outlaw's subwoofer output is weak and the bass management does not make up for it when comparing it to the NAD C720BEE Receiver. Also the 100 watts per channel of the Outlaw do not surpass the NAD's 50 watts per channel in any way! I don't care what it may say on paper as I can't hear paper. I'm listening with my ears and what I hear is a 50 watt per channel NAD receiver that's sounds better in all respects than a 100 watt Outlaw receiver. I'm not trying to upset anyone or start some kind of fight here, I only stating what I hear with my components and speakers. By the way, my son gave me back the Outlaw and kept his Onkyo so again it's all in what we hear a what we all like. You know it applies to everything including HDTV's, Cars, Homes, Women/Men and so on. Again this is what I hear and my opinion and that's all...