Wow, and they say Yanks aren't friendly, I really appreciate the input, not that I assume it was all for me.

I think the same way about the USB port. The 2150 has a Micronas chip (UAC 3553B: USB Audio DAC) and as you can see it has DAC in the name, I didn't know what DAC was before reading this page, still don't, but now, thanks to you guys, I understand that it converts digital to analogue, which means windows is not doing the primary conversion, it is taking place in the 2150. Now why does windows retain some control, so far what I have surmised is the that since the computer can only transmit digital information through a USB port, it is transmitting a series of “0” and “1” and therefore there could only be more or less of it, it cannot be qualitative, so I think it is best to put all the volumes on the computer to the max and let the 2150 control the nuance.

I discussed this with the outlaw guys they did not seem to know, Scott suggested I experiment with the levels, I have and this is the conclusion I have come to. However I think that there must be some sound engineer that Outlaw can access that may clarify the relationship between the 2150, the USB and the PC and how to eliminate or keep windows interference to a minimum. It seems I am not the only person that is somewhat confused or at least uncertain about this issue.

I have downloaded my music library in a loss less format and am very satisfied with the results and in case anyone is in the market for affordable, yet incredible speakers check out Axiom M80’s. Outlaw recommended them and Cannucks (that’s Canadians, for those who are not worldly) make them, a little hick town a couple of hours north of Toronto (same policy as outlaw, only sell over the net, check them out for 30 days etc). Imagine with all that goes on in the old US of A, Massachusetts recommends Dwight Ontario, population 89 … 80 make speakers, the rest … beer; just kidding I have no idea really.