Thanks for the information, I tried the lossless on I tunes, (by the way I never buy my music on I tunes) it seems to be better. From what I gathered "lossless" is all the same regardless of which provider you choose, the difference is in the speed or ease of use, but the result seems to be the same, the person that suggested he uses RCA cables instead of the USB, I don't quite understand that, does it not mean that the sound card in the PC is making the conversion from digital to analogue, and is the 2150 not better equipped to make that conversion.

My real question is to what extent do the controls in windows’ control panel interfere with the signal to the receiver, I think that since the information sent through a USB connection is digital that those controls can simply be maximized and controlled through the 2150, unfortunately I am just not that technically inclined so my questions may miss the point, I would simply use CD’s or LP’s but I live in a three storey house, and I listen to music on all three floors, so carting CD’s or LP’s up and down is not practical. I just would like to optimize the computer to HI FI connection, I think this lossless may have already done so or it is getting closer in any event.

I just bought the 2150 and I like it very much, still waiting for axiom speakers, arriving today, then I intend to by a second 2150 for the third floor, all computers are on a network so it has the potential to work quite well from an access point of view, if only I can resolve quality. Thanks for listening.