Hello fellow Outlaws.
Anyone know the proper way to hook up a REL Storm sub high-level inputs to the 770?
The high-level input on the REL is used to provide a 'matched' signal for blending the REL sub with the mains nicely. The high-level input is not intended to drive the sub, it has it's own amp built in.
I also will use the low-level input on the REL to feed the sub LFE effects for cinema. This is REL's preferred setup method, using both high and low level inputs for providing different sub-bass signature when listening to movies or 2-ch stereo. I've heard it, and i'm a believer!
Thing is, I'm not sure how the 770 needs to have this high-level connection from the REL wired to it- I know the 770 is not a common ground amplifier, is it differential?

Could someone who knows the 770 architecture please look at pages 12, 13, 14 of the REL manual and let me know? I would be forever grateful!
Link: http://sumikoaudio.net/rel/manuals/ST-Series-Manual.pdf

In case anyone is wondering, I LOVE my 770, it rocks with my Martin Logan Clarity mains, ML Cinema center and 4 Energy Veritas Reference R2.0i's for side / surround. Preamp is an AVM30 and a Lexicon MC-1 V4 (I switch them out on occasion)- The 770 mates up with everything perfectly and provides plenty of punch. 770 feels very transparent in my system and transmits the open airy musical nature of the AVM30's superb 2-channel analog section as well as the insane cinematic and channel-separate effects of the Lexicon.

Regards,