That is an excellent web site! Interesting that too high of a damping factor can cause negative feedback. The damping factor of the 7100 is 400; the 770 is 850. Other than watts/channel, that seems to be the one spec that is different. So is 850 better than 400? Apparently, it depends.

A 770 went for $1475 on eBay last night. I was really interested at $1200, kind of interested at $1300, but then lost interest. I think I'm going with a 7100. I don't think I need 200wpc.

I was particularly struck by this quote on that web site: "I can guarantee you one thing: There are an awful lot of people out there spending money on specs they will never be able to hear as differences in the music in a million years. Just don't expect them to ever admit it. I have to really work not to laugh my head off when someone tells me they spent several hundred dollars - or even over a thousand - on speaker cables and they "sound better" than a nice heavy gauge twisted pair of stranded copper wires they could have had for about five bucks... "

The sales guy I'm talking to about a TV and speakers is really pushing me to buy exotic speaker wire. I auditioned speaker wire and interconnects about 10 years ago. I did a double-blind test with both. I heard a difference in interconnects - very slight, very subtle, but very consistent. I never heard any difference in speaker wire. It was only the $15/foot stuff, nothing really exotic, but I could not detect a difference between that stuff and lamp cord.

So I think I'll get the B&Ws, Outlaw 990/7100, some decent interconnects, and basic speaker wire.
Velodyne DPS 1200
Sony 60" LCD Grand Wega