Ratpack - Thanks for the great info on how watts relate to sound levels. I wasn't aware of the equation.

My browser allows me to see the product pages, but won't let me drill down on the Specs or Gallery or Manual or About sections.

Typically, a higher power amp has a higher damping factor, right? Does the 770 have a higher damping factor than the 7100? And the damping factor is a measure of how well the amp controls cone movement? I'd be happy to look that up myself, but as I said my computer isn't cooperating on the pages within each product description.

What are the differences between the 7100 and 770 besides 100wpc vs 200wpc? Clearly, the "simultaneous" and "all channels driven" discussion is important, but it doesn't look conclusive regarding what Outlaw means with the 7100.

Wharf Rat's comments about wanting the 770 but being happy with the 7100 are MOST helpful. I want the 770 just be sure I get the most out of my gear, but I'd really rather save the money.

Does the 770 do anything more for the sound than just add 3db? That is, does it do a better job of channel separation or cone control or something else? I'd agree that I'm not likely to listen at 110db, much less 113db. But if the 770 is has more immediacy or is more dynamic or other desireable characteristics, I'd love to know about it!

Since I'm building a new system, I'm probably not going to try it with the old system. It would require HUGE effort to pry my B&K out of the current set-up. I'm just going to buy a 7100 or 770 and see what I think. I'd like to make the best choice possible. I'm leaning towards the 7100 to save the $$.

I listened to the B&Ws at ListenUp in Denver through a Rotel pre-amp/amp rated at 100wpc. there seemed to be plenty of volume.

Further info on the diffences between the 7100 and 770 welcome!
Velodyne DPS 1200
Sony 60" LCD Grand Wega