I'm planning on purchasing B&W 703s for the LR, a HTM7 for center, and 4 DS7s for surrounds. Plus a Velodyne subwoofer. For the next few years, it will be a system primarily for movies. Once the kids are gone, I may find time to relax and read. For now, it will primarily be a system for home theater. The room is in a finished basement, L shaped, about 20 deep by 20 wide in the main viewing/listening area with the "L" coming off the back and being about 20 deep by 15 wide.

I want clarity and authority and spectacular special effects. A truly engaging experience. I'm already well down the road in spending more than I anticipated, so I'd like to only buy what I need in terms of an amp. But I don't want to stop a few dollars short after spending a wad on the basement, TV, and speakers.

The B&W specs say 90db at 1 watt. That's pretty sensitive, right? Not too tough of a load?

My current B&K 105wpc drives my M&K satellites + powered subwoofer as loud as I care to listen. Would a 7100 meet my needs? Or should I go ahead pop for the 770?

Thoughts and suggestions most welcome!
Velodyne DPS 1200
Sony 60" LCD Grand Wega