If you build enough of any electrical, or mechanical device you are bound to have a few units that will have problems. Even with implantable medical devices, or aerospace equipment where quality control tests, and inspects one hundred percent of the units there are still a small percentage of the units that have problems, or fail. Given the fact that an amplifier in a home audio system is not a critical device I would guess that most people would not be willing to pay the cost of that level of quality control. Even the higher end manufactures that you mention in your post have problems. You are correct. If you buy something from a local vendor they might be willing to lend you a replacement unit while yours is being serviced. Given the number of posts made by people that have had problems with Outlaw products it appears that their level of quality control, and the overall quality of their products is very good. In an earlier post in this thread I mentioned that complaining about having to shoulder the cost of shipping your unit back for testing or repair is unreasonable, I am surprised that someone would do it again. The bottom line is, if you like the idea of buying from on-line vendors, and the return, and service policies are clearly defined, how can you complain? Like I was told long ago. “If you want to dance, you have to pay the band.”

[This message has been edited by Oil Can (edited June 22, 2004).]