^ After the warranty is up, what will the brick and mortar store do? Fix it for free? You think only one amp is going to have to be repaired? That has never happened.

Yeah, it always sucks when something breaks, but the shipping issue should have been known ahead of time. Like gonk showed, it's in the manual which is downloadable. This is one of the pitfalls of buying online. I think it's very fair to split shipping costs with the company.

How much of it is related to online buying though? How long would you have to wait for the store to send in the amp, have it fixed and return it? Don't say they can just give you a new one in the meantime as that will vary by store and will NOT happen every time.

As far as them determining if the user is at fault, does anyone really think Outlaw will try to screw people and blame every problem on them? I sure don't. You didn't drop the amp or do something crazy like run it below 1 ohm at full power for hours on end did you? What is there to worry so much about in that regard? How would that be any different from the B&M store?

The only difference I really see is that he has to pay $54 more than he thought. That does suck, but it really isn't all that bad. You knew it was a possibility when you purchased online. If you are so strapped for cash that $54 is a fortune, then why are you buying an amp that costs like &1800?

PS, most every time I say 'you' it's really a collective 'you'.