I will admit up front that I haven't done a lot of investigating in the subwoofer dept. as I simply cannot afford to find something I want right now. Although, I do like the things I've heard and the limited looking that I have done in regards to the SVS line.

That being said, can the SVS be hooked up with both the LFE out and the speaker level outs from the 1050? That's how I've got my BA's connected (for the mains) and I've got the sub ON and the mains set to LARGE. Granted, I'm using BA's System 9000, but the principle should be the same. Boston's guide actually says to hook it up one way or the other, but somebody else (forgot who now and I'm too lazy to look it up) with the same speaker set played with it and found this configuration. When I tried it, I had to agree that this provided the best results. Fuller sound from the mains and a much more even blending of the bottom.

Might be worth a shot if it'll work with your sub.

Also, I adjusted the gain on my sub so the Outlaw trim was fairly close to middle. This means I can readily adjust the LFE up or down as needed via the 1050 for any given scenario.