Quote:
Doesn't the manual state that the "Sub Out" will handle all frequencies under the selected X-crossover point, but if the speakers ar set to "Large" they will still receive full bandwidth??
The sub out will handle all frequencies below the crossover point if a speaker is set to "small" - as we've talked about before, when the speaker is set to large, the 950 assumes you don't want a signal being steered to the sub because your large speaker is handling the full frequency range.

There is one very specific exception to this...
Quote:
Page 34, last paragraph: "If the switch (it's talking about the Bass Management toggle switch on the back panel)is set in the Down position, no crossover filtering occurs, providing full bandwidth signal, including all bass information, to the speakers. However, all information below 80Hz is still summed and sent to the subwoofer output."
And that is the exception. The bass management toggle only relates to the six-channel analog input. The Model 950 includes analog bass management for that input, since it does not get routed through the DSP. The high-pass crossover is user-selectable ("on" means nothing below 80Hz goes to the speakers and "off" means they get everything), but the accompanying low-pass crossover is always enabled (the sub always gets the sub signal plus a summed signal of <80Hz data from all full-range speakers). That only applies to the six-channel analog input.
Quote:
Gonk...are you saying that I can't listen to music with a sub if I don't have 'small' speakers? I mean, every channel I have has a powered sub connected to it...I don't have anything in my "Sub Out" yet...
I am saying that you can't listen to music and get a signal to a subwoofer that is connected to the 950's sub output unless you have speakers set to "small."