I live in the Virgin Islands and I've been in the process of building an HT, one component at a time, by buying over the internet (eBay, Audiogon, Videogon, etc.). I decided on the 950 and, after a little searching, I got one for $300 and it arrived just fine. I haven't taken it out of the box yet, as I'm still waiting for my DefTech BP7002's (powered by an Acurus A250) to arrive (Deftech Promonitor 80's for the rear, DefTech CLR2500 for center, powered by an Acurus A100X3). I haven't had an HT for over ten years, so this is my first foray back into it. My questions are regarding hooking up the 950. I bought a Sony PS3 to use for DVD/BluRay/CD and it has an HDMI out...is this the 'high quality audio' out? Or is it just for video? Best to use it for video and stick with RCA's for audio? I also read something about a fiberoptic digital connection from PS3???

I would like your opinions on hooking up my system when the main speakers arrive. I bought some GloPower Zyxt RCA interconnects, Anti-Cables for main and center channels, 12 guage wire for the rears...any and all suggestions welcome. Thanks, guys!