I've been a mostly happy owner of the 950/7100 combo going on over two years. I've had no issues mechanically and everything is sound. However it seems to me lately that my HT system is sounding really flat and lacks that "punch" I remember vividly when I first got the unit. Now I have calibrate my set up with spl, etc. and I've always been a sound guy. I just got a new DLP and watching movies is sometimes frustrating as I can never get the sound to come out balanced. Either the center channel is way low and I tweak that then the music is loud and have to turn something else down. When I watch my HD cable the sound is not that impressive (hooked up optical) and again have to frequently adjust my settings. I didn't have to do this a year ago.

I know I'm not going deaf but I also noticed I have it turned up louder than I have in the past as well. I moved from a rental house that had a good basement and into a condo that has a great set up for HT. I have nobody living below me or to the side so I can crank my unit up but I still feel that it lacks that punch I remember and also the imaging. I've checked all my connections and everything is running smooth. Is it me or is there something wrong with my unit. I could get more specific on set up but I'm rambling.