I recently upgraded(?) my HD DVR cable box to a Scientific Atlanta SA8300HD. When I first hooked it up the video from the component outputs were distorted (overblown contrast, garish colors, loss of detail). I figured I had a bad box so I returned it for another but the second sample acts the same way. Doing some internet research, I found some others on the AVS forum with similar problems. What's interesting is that when the component cables are connected directly to the display it works fine, it's only when I use the 950 for switching that the picture gets messed up. I don't think the 950 is at fault since my previous cable box (SA8000HD) worked fine when connected through the Outlaw. Others are reporting this same behavior when connecting to an AV receiver. I am coming to the conclusion that connecting the pre-pro is engaging an analog copyguard (Macrovision?) circuit in the cable box.

My question is what specifically in the 950 component video switching circuitry is tripping up the cable box? I would think the 950 would just be a straight through hardware switch, but maybe not. Anyone at Outlaw care to comment?

Also, have any other Outlaw users experienced this phenomenon?