There is no advantage to using any expensive cable as the energy that copper can conduct vs. its heating effect and voltage drop is a matter of physics and anyone who claims otherwise is load of crap. I have seen endless A/B tests of almost every kind of cables. I have read glowing reviews full of meaningless adjectives telling me how great those cables are, in magazines strangely full of ads for the same cables; however, all have shown there is no difference. The cable’s price is it's own justification. There are people who want the most expensive (anything) available, and there's a healthy competition for those people's business.

The quality of cable is a function of the bandwidth of what is being carried on it and for how long. I confess that video cable is more critical than audio cable as its ability to carry high frequencies without attenuation is a requirement. However, we are only dealing with just composite, home-theater type, low-life signals here. Most anything with 75-Ohm impedance will do okay. It isn't a tough signal. It’s not as if you are sending Mega hertz or Gig hertz signal over a 300 feet long distance. There’s little or no difference in most cables above the "really cheap" variety. Some have better quality connectors and/or are less likely to fail, but that's an issue of construction quality not of the ability of the cable to carry the signal. I guarantee you that if you set up two identical systems on some kind of A/B switch and did not know which was which you would only guess it correctly 50% of the time. The difference is not audible in a conventional short-run home theater setup. I suggest you save up your money and spend it on some professional speakers, where the difference will be heard. Moreover, did you know that film and music recording studios use the same kind of cable I have mentioned in the previous post?

And as far as the speaker wires are concerned, some people brag about how much "clearer" the sound is. They are self-delusional. I've heard no improvement or difference. This is the same principal as those who hear MUCH greater clarity of a CD by taking a sharpie and drawing along the edge. You can convince people of anything. The only thing clearer here is their bank account!