I spent about 6 months researching home theater audio and I finally built my system over the past few weeks.

Here's an incomplete list of equipment I recently purchased:

Outlaw 950
7 Outlaw Model 200s
LFM-1
Outlaw interconnects
Zektor 5X1 DVI Switcher (also switches digital audio)
Denon 2910 Universal DVD Player
HD DirectTIVO

The product I was looking for over the past 6 months which does not seem to exist would be a surround processor with the following features:

1. No video switching or display; a pure audio device

2. No AM/FM (hate clearchannel)

3. Really great DACs and Surround processing, completely upgradeable as new algorithms become available.

4. Firewire input for DVD-A/SACD. Great bass management on this input.

5. Rackmountable and comes complete with rack ears.

I'm curious to know if I'm the only one who wants something like this. I've been lurking here for a long time now. I'm sure you guys won't hold back :-)

To me the video switching needs to be in a separate device because of this transition we're in from component to DVI/HDMI. I don't want to pay for component switching that I'll never use. I also don't want to pay for something that will convert analog to DVI/HDMI. I especially don't want to hear all this extra complexity in the audio output.

I also want several DVI inputs. The Zektor is perfect for me. I have a Samsung 61" DLP with one DVI input.

Thanks for letting me vent. By the way, I'm very happy with my system. I haven't tuned it much since I'm waiting for the speakers to break in but it already sounds fantastic. If you have a DVD-A capable player you owe it to yourself to get the Porcupine Tree "In Absentia" disk.

Best Regards Outlaws,

talismax