Klipsch has a good reputation, so it is possible that they would step up to the plate and help him, if they have support staff available today. As a consumer, however, I would never go to the company that made my subwoofer and ask about how to hook up a speaker made by their competitor - a good company would give me an answer, but I would consider it to be (borrowing a term from earliest posts) rude to even ask the question.

You did note in your second post that hawk might actually own a 950 - but you left your original highly inflammatory first post unedited and offered no apology for flying off the handle at a new member of this forum. Even if hawk didn't own a 950, your original post does not fit the traditions of this forum - the folks around here are home theater enthusiasts (quite a few of whom own or plan to own Outlaw gear) who strive to help each other out. Owning Outlaw gear has never been a requirement for posting here.

Hawk's post style - stream of consciousness sentences and random punctuation - is a pet peeve of mine, but I refuse to deny someone help with a problem solely because their post isn't as well-presented as I'd like.