I recently purchased a used Sansui 9090DB reciever as the foundation of my two channel system that I will be putting in a separate room from my HT. I am aquiring the pieces while I wait for the room to be vacated. Son is getting married and moving on and I'm going to use his room for a stereo listening set up.

Until then I was wondering if there is a way to run this thing thru my 950 so that I won't have to keep switching speaker and sub cables. The reciever has 2 pre-outs with one set connecting the recievers amp.

Can I just run a set of analog cables from my dvd player 2 channel out to the sansui tape in, then use the sansui's pre-out to the 950 aux 1 and then use stereo by-pass on the 950 in order to use the sansui's tone and balance controls? Or am I just pissing against the wind here?

The dvd player is also wired to the 950's 5.1 input by way of the dvd's 5.1 out and also the optical cable can I just leave these hooked up since it has seperate 2 channel outs or will that just muck things up?

Any ideas or help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
joel
Cinenova Grande (300x3 front L/R channels)
JBL S412PII Front
JBL S38II Side
JBL S26II Rear
JBL S Center
Sony SAT TiVo
Samsung SIR-T5360 SAT HDTV Reciever
Pioneer DV-563A