Quote:
Originally posted by soundhound:
Quote:
Originally posted by morphsci:
I simply refuse to dismiss it out of hand and can accept the fact that some people hear a break-in. Whether it is the system or the user breaking-in remains, in my mind, to be seen.
How would you explain the fact that audio circuits seem to be the only ones that "break in" compared to other industrial equipment? Are audio electrons really all that special? It's easy to throw an opinion out there on a subject, but I wish you would back up your position with some technical facts from direct experience.

Note that I am specifically not talking about electromechanical equipment like speakers, phono cartridges, microphones etc. Things that involve moving parts always wear for better or worse. [/QB]
Again, I never said I believe or have experienced break-in of non-mechanical devices, so I do not see what facts you want. The fact that break-in has not been found in other electronics may mean that it does not exist but depends on whether it has been looked for. If you do not admit that something is possible then it will not be examined.

I am simply not so rigid or presumptuous to believe that we have total knowledge in the field of either electronics or audio electronics. Therefore, I am willing to entertain the possibility of break-in (or change over time) of electronic components. This is not the same as "believing" in break-in since that would require an act of faith, not science.

If you feel confident in dismissing break-in of electronic components based upon your knowledge and experience, then I respect that. I also expect the same courtesy from others.

Again, let me be clear. I AM NOT ADVOCATING A POSITION THAT BREAK-IN OF NON-MECHANICAL DEVICES OCCURS OR DOES NOT OCCUR. I AM SIMPLY MAINTAINING AN OPEN MIND ON THE SUBJECT.