Gently putting forward some questions for those that believe in “break in” in those items that do not undergo physical changes with use:

When you say that the performance of a piece of electronics changed over time, are you assuming that your ear/brain analyzer is a “constant state” device and that changes in perceived performance can be wholly or largely attributed to the equipment only?

Was everything in the room, including the exact location of your ears, unchanged during the comparison time? I once was listening to some very familiar music in my car. After a while I straightened my posture which raised the position of my ears and inch or two. Because I was paying close attention to the music, the change in perceived system performance was quite noticeable, yet nothing about the system or the environment itself changed.

Specific test equipment exists that can monitor and measure small changes in both electronic and acoustic response well beyond the level of our ear/brain analyzer. If this type of equipment does not detect significant change, but your ear/brain analyzer tells you there has been change, which do you believe? (Why is it important to have an IFR qualified pilot at the controls of an aircraft?)

As to the comment regarding a match between the 950/7xxx combo and Axiom speakers, there are many satisfied owners of this teaming. That doesn’t guarantee everyone will be satisfied, but the detractors are very few.