OK, I've had the 950/770 combo for a little over a week and a half, unfortunately for four of those days I had to leave it behind while I was working in another town. Now I'm back and we've been reunited. Joy!

Since my last post I've managed to get a few movies into the DVD player as well as some through the movie channels with DirecTV. I've listened in Dolby Digital, DTS, DPL II-C, etc. I've been very pleased with the results. Based upon all of the reviews that I've been reading for some time, both here and those published by "paid" professionals (didn't want you to think that I don't think of you guys as pros), I was expecting to be pleased with with the sound for cinema. I have not been let down. This is an incredible sounding setup. The clarity and separation is truly amazing. It sounds as if my surrounds and center rear have finally decided to join in. I believe that I am getting much more presence out of these speakers than I had with the Yamaha or the Sony before that. As I had stated previously, I am finally getting the sound out of my Boston Acoustics speakers that I'd always known they could produce, and not just the fronts.

Overall I am very pleased with the sound that I am getting out of this setup. I am especially pleased by the quality of the sound in stereo mode. In many of the reviews that I'd read, the 950 was always rated high for home theater, but was not nearly as often mentioned for it's exceptional ability to faithfully reproduce music. My only regret is that I had waited so long to purchase the 950/770. I've probably spent almost as much or more replacing receivers multiple times and adding the 2 200-Ms as I would have if I'd just broken down and bought the 950/770, I definitely would have been ahead if I'd gone for the 950/7100 combo.

I guess that I'll wrap this up by saying thanks for letting me share my impressions with you. If you are sitting on the fence about purchasing the 950, don't wait any longer. You'll be very pleased with it. And if you mate it up to a 770, or 200-Ms, you'll be astounded at the sound that this will produce. I imagine from all that I've read the the 7100 would be equally as good. Thanks for taking the time to read these posts. I hope that you're enjoying the sound as much as I am.

Jeff
LR: ARC Reference 1 | Emotiva XPR-2 | Music Hall MMF2.2 | Oppo BDP-83SE | Polk XRt12 XM Receiver | Emotiva XDA-1 DAC | Sony HAP-S1 (digital audio player) | Sansui TU-217 Tuner | Magnepan 3.6R w/Mye-Stands | SVS SB-16 sub | BA VR-M90s | Audio Quest 72db speaker cable
Office: Drobo 5N running as PLEX media server
Closet: too many pieces to put all into place, I need more rooms smile