Jeff,

I have been away for 2 weeks on a business trip and just got back this weekend. I really have not had much time with the unit. I lost my old receiver, DVD and VCR to the lightening strike. First priority was to get everything hooked up and running for family use. I did that before I left and finished programming my Radio Shack remote to work with the 950 the other equipment on return

So far I have been generally please with what I have heard but I need to sit down by myself for a few hours and just listen.

A few points:
-I am not a big Fan of the 950 remote but since I have moved what I need over to the Radio Shack remote I am happy with the operation.

-I do like the on screen menu with the 950. I can do everthing here which makes it easy when programming a universal remote.

-I am not too happy with the heat of the 7100. It does get pretty warm even without a source playing.

- The 7100 has plenty of power for my NHT S1's. I have not yet brought the system up to refernce, it's just too damn loud for my ears but up to about -10 dbs the system held it's own and kept control.

More latter as I gain experience.

bob