You've got several options, actually, and it may take a little experimenting to determine which you prefer. First, the analog switch on the back only effects the six-channel analog input, and if you are using that input (such as for DVD-Audio or SACD), I'd recommend turning it on. Second, we need to find some good crossover points for the digital bass management that you'll be using for all other inputs. The fronts have a -3dB point of 46Hz, so the crossover needs to be set above that point. One school of thought on crossovers is to go one octave above the -3dB point by taking the -3dB point and doubling it; in that case, the target crossover point would be 92Hz and you could use either 80hz or 100Hz for the mains. I don't always follow that method exactly, as I tend to use a slightly lower crossover point. I'd start at either 60Hz or 80Hz and try both with some familiar material (such as a music CD with a good bit of bass in it). Your center and surrounds all hit their -3dB point around 60Hz, so you want to probably use at least 80Hz for the crossover. You might even set it those crossovers to 100Hz and see how that works out.

Oh, and while making these bass management changes, make sure to set all of your speakers to "small" in the 950's speaker setup. Best of luck - the LFM-1's a great sub.

------------------
gonk -- 950 Review | LFM-1 Review | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | Saloon Links