I understand about what y'all are saying about the benefits of 2 subs (or more). (That's why I'm considering it! )

But I have pinged some experts at a couple of sub companies, one of the HT mags, and other users like us, and most agree that the benefits are potentially there, just that more often than not, a 2nd sub makes things worse, i.e., comb filtering, making the peaks and valleys worse, etc. And I've even passed on that I have access to an RTA and the desire to try and make this work, but doesn't change their conclusions.

Obviously this is a hobby, and I don't mind messing around a little bit to learn something new, but ... Shoot.

One of the suggestions I got from a sub maker was... Ignore that one plot I posted earlier, but do a whole bunch more measurements around the room and for repeatability, and average them together, and *then* see how bad things are with my current setup. I did the measurements last weekend, and I'm about 25% of the way through the analysis, and although I still have dips showing up at 51 Hz and 134 Hz, the others are effectively gone.

Maybe it comes down to theory vs real setups, or how much flexibility I have to move things around in my current setup to improve things, etc. Kind of like a problem with many equations, and many variables within those equations. There's no direct solution but trial and error.

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!