It's nice to make new friends. You might want to re-read the sentence in my original post that describes the 950 as an excellent buy for video and pop music reproduction. That hardly is "trashing." I'll add here that the 950 is as good as any unit on the market for what it is designed to do, Lexicon included. It just isn't designed to make an acoustical recording sound right in a surround-sound environment, and that is critical for me. The majority of users who listen to nothing but multi-miked, super-mixed pop music probably don't give a hoot. Yes, folks, I read the manual first but thought I'd give it a whirl just the same. I was eager for those component inputs and the SACD capability at a steal of a price. Can't audition an Outlaw in a store or take one home for an audition except by buying it. Who knew that the absent features might be less important sonically than I thought? Unfortunately, frequency contouring and delay DO matter, and there IS an audible effect to not being able to set distance parameters separately for surround and rear channels. I am waiting for the day Outlaw comes out with an upscale processor that does everything the Lexicon does at 1/5 the price. There is no reason they can't do it and no reason not to buy it.