This is sort of silly now. There are numerous people who actually choose not to have a center channel and instead use their left and right channels and a "phantom" center (I recall azryan speaking at great lengths about the benefits of this arrangement). We also have someone with firsthand experience successfully using this arrangement. From where I'm sitting, you seem to be taking basic principles and twisting them and hammering them into a shape that allows you to make a blanket statement that "two mono center speakers is absurd." (Sort of like the old contractor rule of thumb: "beat to fit, paint to match.") Yes, it is possible to set up two center speakers and have it sound terrible. It is also possible to set them up so that they would work.

Quote:
having two speakers play the same signal does not make the sound sound like it is coming from between them, it makes it sound like the same sound is coming from both of them.

Maybe this is true in some cases, but I've heard a mono signal from two speakers that appeared to come from a single point. It can work...

------------------
gonk -- 950 Review | LFM-1 Review | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | Saloon Links