Jason J I hadn't really thought of this as a reverse 6.1 (+2) but you right that's what it would be. I can see how adding an additional speaker in the front would change the dynamics because it isn't in the audio mix but I am confused on why, if both speakers get the same info, you couldn't make adustments to compensate for this.
Just for arguments sake the tv that this all centers around is a Sony KP65WS510. The riser height would be around 8", putting the speaker at about 65" off the floor or about three feet plus/minus over the height of the seating. I currently own the Studio CC, I do not own the 20's. I may be able to take them for a test drive to work this out but before going through the motions I thought I would see what people with more experience thought. C.G. if the speaker seems off at the current height how could it sound better on the floor built into the riser? Or are you suggesting build it in, in front of the tv below the screen (because that is another interesting idea)? I appreciate all of your input - it makes spending or not spending easier. At least we can all agree on the 950/755/200 combo.

wow he's good!! - CG can answer qustions before I can even get them typed in!

[This message has been edited by IDareYa (edited June 04, 2004).]