Quote:
ok so, the center channels that paradigm offer in that line are nothing special over the mains. i dont know why companies insist on skimping on center channel speakers.

I find it interesting that you use the Paradigm Reference line as an example to gripe about poor quality center channels, since the Studio CC v2 (predecessor to the new Studio CC-470 and CC-570 v3 speakers) was widely regarded as an excellent center channel. As I mention earlier in this thread, I've experienced the same separation that IDareYa's noticed with my StudioCCv2 -- but I had to move the speaker almost two feet away from the top of the TV to produce that effect (an obviously poor arrangement that was done due to furniture problems and a planned TV upgrade). With the new TV in place (reducing the gap to about 10"), I've been able to largely restore the proper anchoring of audio by tilting the speaker down a bit. In IDareYa's case, he doesn't want to leave the speaker on top of the TV and he's uncomfortable putting it on a stand in front. The top location for the single center and a little downward angling would be a good experiment and is what I would probably do in his case (assuming I was likewise unable to put the center on a stand in front, which would be my preference if I had a large RPTV). If those options don't work for him and he wants to experiment with a pair of speakers bracketing the TV, I still think it's an interesting experiment to pursue. Obviously it's not ideal, but that doesn't mean he can't get some loaner speakers and give it a whirl if he wants.

Quote:
so why do you want to use two studio 20s instead of one cc-570?

IDareYa has a pretty good explanation of his circumstances in his second post (third entry in this thread).

------------------
gonk -- 950 Review | LFM-1 Review | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | Saloon Links