ok so, the center channels that paradigm offer in that line are nothing special over the mains. i dont know why companies insist on skimping on center channel speakers. the center is the most important speaker (sub is close, but if you had no dialog and only bass, you could never hear any movies...) and should be the best speaker in your system for ht. usually the fronts are the best because of music, however it doesnt take much to make a center at least as good as the best floor standing that your line offers. in the case of paradigm the studio 20s and cc570 are very similar in specs, etc. but im sure the cc costs more than 1 20. i would expect the cc570 to on par with the studio 100. and the lower cc470 designed for the other models.

enough of my rant about how companies should make center channel speakers that are better (should be the best in their line of speakers, period!). it is just perplexing and annoying that the fronts could be $50k quality and the center is $0.50 quality and they think this is fine. (exaggeration for the point...)

i know that two center speakers is a bad idea! no placement will fix this. even if the centers didnt contain tweeters (which they obviously always will), it would pose a few problems. however since they do contain tweeters you are never going to get them placed correctly to compensate.

if you had TWO center channels you can invert one on top of the other and get the sound as good as it will get seeing as the tweeters would usually sit right on top of one another. however still one center would be better.

so why do you want to use two studio 20s instead of one cc-570?

------------------

This post has been brought to you by curegeorg, thanks for reading.