Quote:
Originally posted by Will:
Joe,
Will
-the unico hybrid 2 channel integrated amp
(strictly analog)...see www.unisonresearch.com (80 watts/channel)
no HT bypass and an older NAD 710 integrated receiver (could use the unico for the front and nad for the smaller mission speakers at the rear)....which volume controls would I use, ie, the one from the unico, the nad or the 950?
Do i need a SPL or just wing it via ear volume matching for rear/fronts?

sorry, but this is new to me.

What brand and model stereo integrated amp do you have?

If each integrated amp has a pre-out amp-in jack, use a pair of analog interconnect cables to connect the output of the 950 to the stereo amp-in jacks of each integrated amp. When the 950 is turned on or off, it can turn its associated amps on and off with it, via a 12v dc trigger, but only if the associated amps have a dc trigger or are connected to one. You say you have 4 speakers and a subwoofer. HT is generally 5.1 channels so you'll need to decide which 4 channels to use and which one to not use. (5.1 is 1 center, 2 fronts, and 2 surrounds, plus the .1 subwoofer. The 950 gives you the option of 2 rear surrounds, too, for 7.1 although the rear surround sound from the 950 is monoral never stereo). Also since you have a subwoofer, you'll need to decide what crossover frequency to use -- the 950 gives you many choices from 40 Hz all the way up to 150 Hz, and furthermore, you can choose distinct crossover choices for the center, front and surround speakers.

What speakers and what subwoofer do you have?

Hope you enjoy your new 950!

Will

[This message has been edited by Will (edited June 01, 2004).]