I drew the conclusion too early yesterday about the hiss issue in my system. I forgot one important factor: the volume setting while checking the hiss level.

After reading more discussions at this forum about the hiss problem on 950, looks like after the Blue DOT fix the worst hiss level for a very sensitive speaker should be only audible 1 or 2 feet away with the volume set to +10dB.

When I set the volume on my 950 to +10dB and select CD as the source in the bypass stereo mode, I can hear the hiss 8 feet away at my listening position. I tried to power on/off the CD player, disconnect CD player from 950, disconnect all devices from 950 except the 755 so there were only interconnects between them. All these didn't make any difference. On the other hand, there are no any hiss (completely silent) when I switch to the digital inputs even if the volume is still set to +10dB.

I talked with Steve of Outlaw, he suggested me to swap the cables between CD player, 950 and 755, I will try that tonight and really hope it's simply a cable problem. On the other hand, can anyone tell me if you have experienced the similar thing with your 950? Do you folks think what I found here is within the "normal" range or not?

So far I really love the performance of the 950/755 combo, just try to get rid of the hiss issue. I would appreciate your opinions/suggestions very much!

Ming