I have had my 950 for 18 months. When the hiss fix came out 14 months ago I exchanged mine because I had Klipsch speakers, which compounded the small amount of hiss produced. Since then, my system is dead quiet and produces stunningly good sound. What I don't understand is all the bashing going on. Are there QC problems? Are the people who complain one in a million? Are the people with problems mainly people who have never even owned one but knew someone who heard that someone had one that was junk? Every forum is filled with every brand and price range of component that has its problems. From Panasonic to Anthem, there are support groups whining about how their component doesn't do exactly as they thought it would, or doesn't have the feature that brand "X" has.

I understand that complicated machines like these pre/pros can have glitches that need attending to. It sure does seem like the 950 is still getting a lot of bad press, even on this forum. Am I the only one to get something that is an incredible upgrade from my nearly irreplacable classic '80s NAD? I am very happy to have purchased a 950, and will not replace it for quite a number of years. It is the anchor of my dedicated theater, and a fine piece of audio equipment.