Hello all.

I have been having a similar problem to those brought up in this thread. I have a 950/7100 combo and a Denon 2200. I currently have only 2 mains and center channel (the sub and rears are in the works). Allow me to briefly describe the problem that I have been having. I cannot get the center channel to play anything when I switch to direct 6-channel bypass. I currently have the 950 configured to output to a 5.1 system. I wanted to remove that as any possible reason why it would not play out of the center channel. Additionally, the most peculiar part by far is when I am in direct 6-channel bypass and enter the Denon's setup screen and play test tones. The center plays the tone fine when prompted. I can hop right out of that screen and have it play a multichannel SACD and get nothing from the center. The center performs correctly under all other modes that I have tried.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm sure it is something simple that I have missed, but I can't seem to figure it out. I have tried everything that I can think of to fix this. I know that it is not a problem with the interconnect, and from what I mentioned previously, I think it is something with the Denon because the Outlaws seem to pass the signal along fine, but it is set to multi channel and I have tried every possible combination of configurations I can think of.

Thanks for your help.

~Matt

[This message has been edited by mthen10 (edited March 29, 2004).]