Hi. Have a 950/770 and love it for movies. Recently added a Denon 5900 DVD univerasal player, and tried it tonight for DVD-A and SACD. I am using the digital out on the Denon and it is connected to one of the optical inputs on the 950 for movies. Bass with DVD movies is terrific. On the SACD and DVD-A, the bass was anemic throug the sub. The Denon has two settings for the sub out - one is SUBWOOFER ENHANCE ON and the other is SUBWOOFER ENHANCE OFF. I was running it off. I was also running the 950 at 0 db trim for the sub. At this setting, movies are great, and the sub (Mirage BPS 400) was tight and punchy. I changed the settings so that the Denon is now at SUBWOOFER ENHANCE ON and the 950 trim fo rthe sub is at 10db. I am getting a signal from the sub on DVD audio now. However, on movies, the sub output is kindo of boomy/rumbling and loud. I don't know if this makes any sense or not. With my old receiver (A Denon 5800), the sub output seemed very similar on either DVD-A, SACD or DVD movies. The sub has three inputs - one for "L", one for "R" and the other for "LFE." I have always used the LFE input. I tried the other inputs last night just for grins and the result was the same.

Perhaps I have gremlins? Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Mike
Mirage HDT Speaker System (LCR [OM-5s for L&R and HDT-F for center], SR, SL, SBR, SBL [HDT-Rs])
Dual SVS PB12-Plus Subs
Outlaw Audio Model 7900 Power Amp w/Dual Emotiva CMX-2
AudioControl BijouTM THX� Equalizer
Rega RP1 Turntable
Dual Panamax M5300-PM Power Conditioners
Dual Monster Power HTS 2500 Power Conditioners
Dual Monster Power HDP 1800 Power Conditioners
Clearplay Blu-ray Player
Motorola VIP1200 HD cable receiver
Logitech Harmony Elite Remote