Motorola DCT HD cable box component switching w/ 950

Hi, I just recently got a Motorola DCT Hi-Def cable box from Adelphia. It has component outputs which I'd like to used with my 950. As far as I know, I have 2 options for connecting components, according to page 19 of the manual: DVD (which my DVD player is connected to), and VIDEO 1 (which I've connected my cable box to).

However...

I've been trying to program my 950 remote to control my cable box. I noticed that the remote says V1 button says "Sat" , and V3 button says "Cable". Seeing as I've plugged my cable box into the component inputs at V1, i'd like to use that button instead (but it won't let me). The V3 input on the back of the 950 is, of course, a composite input, and I'm going for quality.

•Does anyone have any suggestions regarding simply routing my (very common) Motorola Box and being able to control it with my 950 remote?

•Also, i've noticed that the cable menu does not seem to work in this component mode. any ideas?

•Am I not able to switch between my DVD (480p) and my Cable Box (1080i) with the outlaw? it doesn't seem to work, i still have them both plugged directly into the back of the TV.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Watching any tv smaller
than 61" is like being at
work...