I'm hoping that this is a simple setup issue that I have missed. I have filed a ticket for this problem, but I would appreciate any other help.

While I can get the channel calibration signal output through the rears (which proves that the connections through the 7100 to the speakers are all OK), I do not get any sound from the rear (surround back) speakers from any decoded signals using the 950.

When I try to decode a 5.1 source, I get fronts, center and sub all OK, but both rear channels are missing (using a test disc with a 5.1 channel check track).

My 950 speaker setup is as follows:
FRONT SMALL
CENTER SMALL
SURR SMALL
SURR REAR LB/RB
SUBWOOFER ON

When I turn on a DD 5.1 source, I get DOLBY D 3/2.1 on the display, indicating that the 950 sees a 5.1 source (which shows I have bitstream output from the DVD).

As far as I can tell, the tests seem to show that the 950 is having decoding problems. All help is very welcome.

Thanks
Pete
Integra DHC40.1 preprocessor, Outlaw 7100 Power amp, Martin Logan Aeon II front speakers, Axiom LP150 center speaker, Axiom QS8 surround speakers, Outlaw LFM1 Plus subwoofer, Oppo DBP-83 Blu-Ray/SACD/DVD player, AppleTV music/photo server, DirecTV HR20 satellite receiver

Pete