First of all let me say that I couldn't be happier with my new 950/770 combo; really incredible components. Thanks to Outlaw Audio for allowing me into the high-end of HT. I've had these components for several months and although I've made all connections in my system, I've been watching/listening to DVD's and to Dishnetwork in stereo mode while I saved money for a new center channel. Well, I now have my new center, a B&W HTM1, which replaced my old B&W CC6. Wow! What an improvement. The HTM1 even puts my older FrontLR B&W DM640's to shame; so now I have to start saving again to upgrade my FrontLR speakers. Anyway, I'm now ready to calibrate my 5.0 system (no sub yet, I'm waiting for the LFM1), and I have a few questions.

1)With the 950 I can set different x-over points for each pair of speakers, which is a great feature. Why then do I need to classify each pair of speakers as large or small? Isn't this redundant?
2) Is it better to calibrate my system using the 950's test tones or by using my "Digital Video Essentials" DVD? I've used the older "Video Essentials" DVD in the past, and I recently purchased the newer digital version.
3)Should I set the speaker distances before calibrating with my sound level meter or after? The 950 manual says to do it after channel calibration, which seems backwards to me.
Thanks.

------------------