Anybody have opinions, thoughts,comments, or comparisons between Outlaw's (ICBC, 950) Analog Bass Management and Harman Kardon's Digital Bass Management such as on their AVR 525? Which is better?
Harman claims that their receivers will convert the incoming analog multi-channel signal (SACD, DVD-Audio), as well as other signal sources, to digital and then allow you to manage the bass. I am suspect of this software based Digital Bass Management.
My interest is as follows:
I have a mid-line JVC Receiver that lacks bass management, except for adjustable crossover that I now presume does nothing when the multi-channel input is selected. I also have a Panasonic DVD-Audio player that has no Bass Management for DVD-Audio output. I am interested in adding Bass Management to my system for SACD/DVD-Audio. I am contemplating adding an ICBM.
Should I be envious of my friend's AVR 525 with Digital B.M. or is the Analog superior?
My question is strictly limited to Bass Management. P.S. I may also consider an Outlaw 950 and amp in the near future also. I'm just really interested in this Bass Management thing right now.
I'm asking this question in this 950 forum since, I expect that, the bright, audiophilic people here to be knowledgable on this Bass Management issue. I may also post this topic in the ICBM forum also although it's awfully quiet there.
Thanks,
Jordan