While I agree that in automotive, and appliance production crimped connections are used for speed, and ease of assembly. This is not the case in aircraft. Neither speed or ease of assembly is considered in the aircraft industry. Reliability is paramount. The possibility of wires breaking when using soldered connections is very real. This is the reason that stranded wire is used rather than solid core wire in aircraft wiring harnesses.
There are some exceptions, but by and large this is true in all aircraft. Granted, the use of stress relief devices, loops, and slack in the design of wiring may partially mitigate wire breakage. These design elements are in use in aircraft, but you will find very few soldered connections in aircraft wiring harnesses. The design of printed circuit boards is another deal altogether. Mil-spec boards use soldered connections, but after assembly the boards are dipped in epoxy to help support, and secure the electrical components to the board. Just to put this in perspective I have been a licensed Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic since 1973. This does not mean I am completely correct, or the ultimate authority on this subject, but I have been at this for some time, and I have seen very few soldered connections in aircraft wiring for the reasons I have stated. Now, for the statement about things ruining your afternoon. This comes from my time as a UH-1 Crew Chief in RVN. Just a little gallows humor for those who were there.