("The remote is a little awkward and the display is kind of small. But I also find that the 950 takes a long time to lock onto a format. When I change channels on my Direct TV it takes a few seconds to acquire the correct surround format. The same occurs on DVD's when it changes from menus to intros to the actual movie.")

This is something that I would like to see addressed in a new or replacement unit in the future.

Concerning the remote, it works fine for me but I wish the batteries were in the other end. Every remote used previously located the batteries opposite the Outlaw remote, in the dark I orientate the remote by which end is heavy.

On-line reviews are what convinced me to give the 950 a try, if I didn't like it I could return it minus shipping.

("Let's say in a perfect world, Anthem was 4x as good as the Outlaw at 4x the price. There are still people who don't want to pay $4k for a part of their home theater, and would be perfectly happy with the Outlaw.")

I had $20,000 to spend on my system including monitor. After listening to a couple of "flagship" recievers and $4000 AV processors that was the exact question that came to mind. Are they X times better for X times the price? Marginal improvements yes, proportional no.

I like the fact that there are people like Outlaw that give us exactly what we want for prices that we are willing to pay. Like wise I am happy for those that enjoy the offerings of cost is no object companies. I doubt those that spent X times the amount I spent enjoy their systems X times more than I enjoy mine.
Cinenova Grande (300x3 front L/R channels)
JBL S412PII Front
JBL S38II Side
JBL S26II Rear
JBL S Center
Sony SAT TiVo
Samsung SIR-T5360 SAT HDTV Reciever
Pioneer DV-563A